A list of things I have found annoying in class. I am only minimally annoyed by any one of these and I think they are funny :)
1. Somebody asks a question that is so long that neither me nor the person posing the question can remember what the beginning was.
2. I ask a question to somebody and they respond by asking a question back to me.
3. When answering a question in class, a student incorrectly or incoherently answers the question and then we move on and I have no idea what the right answer is.
4. Hypotheticals that are way too long.
5. A student who neither answers nor poses a question when called upon by the professor after raising his/her hand.
6. Somebody who talks more than the professor during the course of a class.
7. A student who answers a question from another student obviously directed at the professor.
8. Whenever we parse statutes.
9. Classes that run significantly over allocated time.
10. A student who has his/her hand raised for an extended period of time.
Many of these characterisitics embody a person known simply as a “gunner!”